Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Is an ebook reader right for me?

This is a very good question. I love and adore my ereader and I would hate to give it up!

Do you read more than a book a week? If you do not, I do not recommend a ereader at this time. For the heavy book reader they work wonderfully, but the price for the devices is prohibitively high for the more casual book reader at this point.

Currently ereaders run from $200 and up, with the exception of the ebookwise 1150 which is currently $80, you can also find Sony PRS 505 on clearance at some stores for less than $200, such as Target.

When the price of ereaders come down I think that they will work fine for the people who do not read as heavily.

If you are going to be gone for a long period of time where getting books in your primary language is difficult or impossible to find, a ereader is a very handy device. You can load a ton of books up and then charge the device with a solar charger.

My favorite thing about my ebooks and my ereader is the amount of space I save! I currently have 700+ books on my computer harddrive. Think how much space 700+ books would take up if they were paperbacks?

No comments: